How To: Get permanent residency in Canada through CEC

Get permanent residency in Canada through CEC

The CEC, Canada Experience Class, is a new program to help a person who has held residency in Canada gain permanent residency status. The program realizes that, by going to school or living in Canada while working, many people have the skills necessary to make the transition to live in Canada permanently. To qualify for CEC, you must be a temporary worker living in Canada for at least two years with two years of skilled working experience. A second way you can qualify is by being a foreign graduate of a post secondary school with at least one year of full time skilled work experience. You must also plan to live outside the providence of Quebec, have had proper approval to gain your work experience, and you must apply for residency while living in Canada or within one year of leaving your job in Canada. You can use a service to make your application or you can do it on your own. If you choose to do it on your own, you will have to obtain a packet that contains a guide and the forms you need to submit. Read the guide carefully and fill out the forms. Next, you must pay your fee. The fee will vary depending on the number of dependents you are applying with. You must also have a medical examination, a police certificate, and if applicable, language testing. Mail your application to the appropriate office located in Buffalo, NY. The address is in the packet. If your application is approved, you will be asked to attend a meeting with an immigration officer. During the interview, the officer will ask to see your passport and check to see if you still meet the residency requirements. If you pass the interview, you will be granted permanent residents status, and your residency card will be mailed to you.

Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.

Buy Now (97% off) >

Other worthwhile deals to check out:

Join the Next Reality AR Community

Get the latest in AR — delivered straight to your inbox.

Be the First to Comment

Share Your Thoughts

  • Hot
  • Latest